In the midst of such sad news, my younger brother, Jonathan, had a birthday. He wanted to spend his birthday at the state fair with his family and he wanted me to come along. I was very glad I went with them. I don't remember being at a state fair before. It was very interesting. I enjoyed looking at the livestock, it was all very fascinating. The little piggies were so cute. I enjoyed the sheep. I love sheep. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for them. Jon insisted that I go down a very long slide on a piece of burlap. I was very apprehensive about this, due to an extreme fear of heights...but the ride was exhilarating! My favorite part of the whole adventure was seeing Jon so excited and animated about everything at the fair. The evening ended with a rodeo. I hadn't been to a rodeo for a very long time, but again, I was fascinated with the whole thing. Jon was especially excited about an event called, "mutton busting." Little kids holding onto sheep while they run full speed out of the chute. Who knew that sheep could run so fast? Jon was a little down that his second son wasn't competing in the mutton busting this year like his first son did last year. Maybe next year. It was a wonderful evening with a wonderful family. Happy birthday to a special brother.
September 10th, my dad agreed to go on Hospice. This is a very hard thing for him and for my mom...for all of us. Going on Hospice is such a big decision, it fills me with dread. It is the beginning of the end. I left Bountiful and flew back home today. I took a short nap and then drove up to Cedar and picked up Ariel. The girls and I saw Tarzan at the Tuachan in St. George and then drove home again. It was an exhausting day with so much flying and driving.

No comments:
Post a Comment